Thursday 15 May 2014

Doing Washing

St Avit Loisirs
After more than a week of hand washing a few items, we decided it was time to do a proper wash.

I collected 2 big bags of dirty clothes and took a hike up the hill to the closest washing machine. After having to ask an old lady where to go, I finally found it. But then realised that I needed a token. I went further up the hill to reception, only to find out that it was still closed. Next I went to the shop. It was open, but no-one there. After calling 'Bonjour' , 'Bonjour' for a while, someone came to help me. The shop did sell tokens...yeah!
Went back to the washing machine and followed the step-by-step instructions. The last one instruction was a bit tricky...'Check that walking before you leave'

I am enjoying this trip so much, but some things are just easier at home...:-)


Airotel Pyrenees

What is it with me and washing? Today I took a long walk down the hill with a huge arm ful of washing. Got my token on the way. I put all the washing in the machine and then realised I forgot the washing powder. Had to run back up the hill and then back down. 30 minutes later I had to do the trek again. I think I am getting my best workouts during washing time.

At least I had this view from the laundry today:

 
 
Valle Romantica
On recommendation from our courier we went to the local Laundromat instead of the camp ground washing room. Boys enjoyed playing in the little playground. Put the washing in the dryer for 10 minutes and then put it out to dry in the Italian sun.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment